- Specialist Certificate
- Surgical specialist certificate
- Digestive Surgery Practitioner Physician Certificate
- Breast specialist certificate
- Ultrasound medical professional certificate
- Academia Sinica, Taipei Veterans General Hospital-cum-training specialist Surgical Oncology
- Taipei Veterans General Hospital general surgeon
- Kagoshima University Hospital cancer researcher asked consultative
- Houston MD Anderson Cancer Center researcher
- Hospital surgical director Ilan DOH
- Professor of Surgery, National Yang Ming University
- National Yang-Ming University Hospital, vice president attached
- 1991-1999 Lecturer, School of Medicine, National Yang-Ming
- 1999-2007 Associate Professor, National Yang-Ming University
- 2007 - to date Professor, National Yang-Ming University
- Taiwan Surgical Association
- Taiwan Society of Metabolic and Weight Loss Surgery Supervisor
- Yilan County Medical Association Board of Directors
- Participate Society
- Taiwan Surgical Association
- Taiwan Medical Association Digestive Surgery
- Taiwan Society of Clinical Oncology
- Metabolism and weight loss surgery in Taiwan Medical Association
- Research Projects
- Gastric cancer and gastric stromal reaction karyotype computer analysis and the relationship between cell growth and division National Science Council (2000/8 to 2001/7)
- Years after gastric micro array-CGH
National Science Council (2002/8 ~ 2003/7)
- Microarray-CGH compared with early-onset and late-onset gastric base Taipei Veterans General Hospital (2003/1 to 2003/12)
- In array-CGH to analyze schirrous type of gastric cancer cell chromosome aberration National Science Council (2004/8 ~ 2005/7)
- NF-kB gene polymorphism and gastric cancer susceptibility and expression and the research conducted National Science Council (2005/8 to 2006/7)
- Explore the functional p53 and mdm2 single polymorphism and gastric cancer and gastrointestinal stromal tumors of the relationship between risk and conducting National Science Council (2006/8 ~ 2007/7)
- Insulin secretion promoting hormone (GIP, GLP-1) in non-insulin pancreatic tumor hypoglycemia syndrome pathogenesis roles played: morphology, science and clinical research immunostaining National Science Council (2007/8 to 2010/7 )
- Formation and metastasis of gastric cancer micro RNA molecules fingerprint identification and Function of the National Science Council (2007/8 ~ 2010/7)
- miR-146a and NFKB1 the functional polymorphism and gastric cancer formation and conduct of research Yangming University Hospital (2009/7 to 2010/6)
- Containing blood plasma of patients with gastric cancer increased pathogenicity of micro-RNA function and therapeutic potential of the National Science Council (2010/8 ~ 2013/7)
- Head of breast cancer stem cells and the impact of integration on cancer National Science Council (2010/8 ~ 2012/7)
- Patients with gastric cancer plasma levels increased pathogenicity of micro-RNA function and therapeutic potential research. National Science Council (2010/08-2013/7)
- Target micro-RNA in gastric cancer preclinical studies. National Yang-Ming University Hospital (2012/01-2012/12)
- Lo SS, Leu SY, Wang FM: Colorectal cancer metastasis to ovary - Report of 10 cases. Journal of Surgical Association ROC. 21: 730-736, 1988
- Lo SS, Su CH, Huang SM, Lui WY: The correlation among composition, radiopacity and sonographic pattern of gall stones. Journal of Surgical Association ROC. 23: 386-389, 1990
- Wu CW, Hsieh MJ, Lo SS, Tsay SH, Lui WY: Lymph node metastasis from carcinoma of the distal one-third of stomach. Cancer. 73: 2059-2064, 1994
- Shyr YM, Su CH, Wang HC, Lo SS, Lui WY: Comparison of resectable and unresectable periampullary carcinomas. J Am Coll Surg, 178: 369-378, 1994.
- Lo SS, Wang HC, Shyr YM, Lui WY: Can the hormonal receptor status of primary breast cancer be altered by neoadjuvant chemotherapy? J Surg Oncol 57:94-96, 1994.
- Lo SS, Wang HC, Shyr YM, Lai CR, Lui WY: DNA flow cytometric analysis of primary breast cancer in Chinese women. European J Surg Oncol 20:553-556, 1994.
- Lin TH, Chan WK, Chi KH, Yen SH, Lo SS, Wu MF, Hwang WS, Whang-Peng J, Liu JM, Chen KY.: A pilot study of cisplatin, 5-fluorouracil and high dose leucovorin in Chinese patients with head and neck cancer. Therapeut. Radiol. Oncol. 3: 263-268, 1994.
- Shyr YM, Su CH, Wang HC, Lo SS, Lui WY.: Pseudomyxoma peritonei: does a true mucolytic agent exist? In vitro and in vivo studies. American Surgeon, 61: 265-270, 1995.
- Shyr YM, Su CH, Lo SS, Wang HC, Lui WY: Is pancreatoduodenectomy justified for periampullary cancers with regional lymph node involvement? American Surgeon, 61: 288-293, 1995.
- Wu CW, Hsieh MC, Lo SS, et al.: Morbidity and mortality after radical gastrectomy for patients with carcinoma of the stomach. J Am Coll Surg, 181: 26-32, 1995.
- Wu CW, Hsieh MC, Lo SS, Lui WY, P'eng FK: Results of curative gastrectomy for carcinoma of the distal third of the stomach. J Am Coll Surg 183 (3): 201-7, 1996.
- Wang HC, Lo SS: Future prospects of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in treatment of primary breast cancer. Semi Surg Oncol 12:59-66, 1996.
- Wu CW, Hsieh MC, Lo SS, et al.: Relation of number of positive lymph nodes to the prognosis of patients with primary gastric adenocarcinoma. Gut 38:525-527, 1996.
- Lo SS, Wu CW, Hsieh MC, Kuo HS, Lui WY: The relationship between age and clinical characteristics of patients with gastric cancer. J Gastroenterol Hepato 11: 511-514, 1996.
- Wang TY, Lo SS, Su CH, et al: Surgical treatment of primary retroperitoneal sarcoma. Chinese Medical Journal (Taipei) 58: 156-62, 1996.
- Huang TL, Shyr YM, Su CH, Lo SS, Tsay SH, Wu CW, Lui WY: Intraductal papillary neoplasm of the pancreas. J Surg Assoc ROC; 29: 311-15, 1996.
- Wu CW, Tsay SH, Hsieh MC, Lo SS, Lui WY & P'eng FK: Clinicopathological significance of intestinal and diffuse types of gastric carcinoma in Taiwan Chinese. J Gastroenterol Hepato 11 (11): 1083-8, 1996.
- Lo SS, Wu CW, Hsieh MC, Lui WY: Is gastric remnant cancer clinically different from primary gastric cancer? Hepato-Gastroenterology; 44: 299-301, 1997.
- Chen CY, Lu CL, Lo SS, Yu IT, Chang FY, Lee SD: Case report: life threatening haematochezia from a jejunal leiomyoma. J Gastroenterol Hepato 12: 382 - 384, 1997.
- Lo SS, Tsay SH, Wu CW, Hsieh MC, Lee FY, Lui WY: Intestinal type tumor in resected gastric remnant cancer. J Gastroenterol Hepato 12: 434 - 436, 1997.
- Chi KH, Chang YC, Chan WK, Liu JM, Law CK, Lo SS, Shu CH, Yen SH, Whang-Peng J, Chen KY: A phase II study of carboplatin in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Oncology 54 (3): 203 - 7, 1997.
- Wu CW, Hsieh MC, Lo SS, Tsay SH, Li AF, Lui WY and P'eng FK: Prognostic indicators for survival after curative resection for patients with carcinoma of stomach. Digestive Disease & Science. 42 (6): 1265-9 , 1997.
- Shyr YM, Su CH, King KL, Wang HC, Lo SS, Wu CW, Lui WY: Randomized trial of three types of gastrojejunostomy in unresectable periampullary cancer. Surgery 121 (5): 506-12, 1997.
- Wu CW, Hsieh MC, Lo SS, Lui WY, P'eng FK: Quality of life of patients with gastric adenocarcinoma after curative gastrectomy. World J Surg 21: 777-82, 1997.
- Shao RP, Karunagaran D, Zhou BP, Kaiyi Li, Lo SS, Deng J, Chiao P, Hung MC. Inhibition of NF-kB activity is required for E1A-mediated sensitization of radiation-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem 272 (52) :32739 -32742, 1997
- Chi KH, Chao Y, Chan WK, Lo SS, Chen SY, Yen SH, Chen KY, Wu CW, Lee SD, Lui WY. Weekly etoposide, epirubicin, cisplatin, 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin: an effective cheomtherapy in advanced gastric cancer . Br J Cancer 77 (11): 1984-88, 1998.
- Wu CW, Chi CW, Hsieh MC, Lo SS, Shen KH, Lui WY and P'eng FK. Serum progesterone levels in patients with gastric adenocarcinoma before and after gastrectomy. Cancer 83:445-8, 1998
- Chung HC, Lo SS, Wu CW, Hsieh MC, Lui WY. Management strategies of marginal ulcer. J Surg Assoc ROC 31:103-108, 1998
- Lo SS, Kuo HS, Wu CW, Hsieh MC, Shyr YM, Wang HC, Lui WY. Poorer prognosis in young patients with gastric cancer? Hepato-gastroenterology 46:2690-3, 1999
- Lo SS, Lo SH, Wang SC, Hung MC. Focal contacts formation is inhibited in cells transformed by p185neu. Mol Carcinogen 25:150-4, 1999
- Shen KH, Wu CW, Lo SS, Hsieh MC, Hsia CY, Chiang SC, Lui WY. Factors correlated with number of metastatic lymph nodes in gastric cancer. Am J Gastroentero 94:104-108, 1999
- Shen KH, Chi CW, Lo SS, Kao HL, Lui WY, Wu CW. Serum matrix metalloproteinase-9 level associated with stromal reaction in patients with gastric cancer. Anticancer Res 20 (2B): 1307-10, 2000
- Wu CW, Lo SS, Shen KH, Hsieh MC, Lui WY, P'eng FK. Surgical mortality, survival, and quality of life after resection for gastric cancer in the elderly. World J Surg 24 (4): 465-72, 2000
- Lo SS, Wu CW, Chi KH, Tseng HS, Shen KH, Hsieh MC, Lui WY. Concomitant chemoradiation treatment in the management of patients with extrahepatic biliary tract recurrence of gastric carcinoma. Cancer 89:29-34, 2000
- Wu CW, Hsieh MC, Lo SS, Shen KH, Lui WY, P'eng FK. Comparison of the UICC / AJCC 1992 and 1997 pN categories for gastric cancer patients after surgery. Hepato-gastroenterol 48:279-284, 2001
- Chen WC, Hou MC, Tsay SH, Lo SS, Lin HC, Chang FY, Lee SD. Gastric perforation after endoscopic ligation for gastric varices. Case report: Gastrointest Endosc 54:99-101, 2001
- Wu CW, Chen GD, Jiang KC, Li FY, Chi CW, Lo SS, Chen JY. A genome-wide study of microsatellite instability in advanced gastric carcinoma. Cancer 92:92-101, 2001
- Tseng LM, Hsu CY, Wang HC, Liu JM, Chang HM, Lo SS, Wu CW, Lui WY, Chi CW. Tie-1 tyrosine kinase is an independent prognostic indicator for invasive breast cancer. Anticancer Res 21 (3C): 2163 -70, 2001
- Lo SS, Wu CW, Shen KH, Hsieh MC, Lui WY. Higher morbidity and mortality after combined total gastrectomy and pancreaticosplenectomy for gastric cancer? World J Surg 26 (6): 678-82, 2002
- Wu CW, Li AF, Chi CW, Lai CH, Huang CL, Lo SS, Lui WY. Clinical significance of AXL kinase family in gastric cancer. Anticancer Res 22 (2B) :1071-1078, 2002
- Chen CY, Wu CW, Lo SS, Hsieh MC, Lui WY, Shen KH. Peritoneal carcinomatosis and lymph node metastasis are prognostic indicators in patients with Borrmann type IV. Hepato-Gastroenterol 49 (45): 874-877, 2002
- Lee CC, Lo SS, Wu CW, Shen KH, Li FY, Hsieh MC, Lui WY. Peritoneal recurrence of gastric adenocarcinoma after curative resection. Hepato-Gastroenterol 50:1720-1722, 2003
- Wu CW, Lo SS, Shen KH, Hsieh MC, Chen JH, Chiang JH, Lin HJ, Li AF, Lui WY. Incidence and factors associated with recurrence patterns after intended curative surgery for gastric cancer. World J Surg 27 (2): 153-158, 2003
- Wu CW, Hsiung CA, Lo SS, Hsieh MC, Shia LT, Whang-Peng J. Randomized clinical trial of morbidity after D1 and D3 surgery for gastric cancer. Br J Surg 91:283-287, 2004
- Kwok CM, Wu CW, Lo SS, Shen KH, Hsieh MC, Lui WY. Survival of gastric cancer with concomitant liver metastasis. Hepato-Gastroenterol 51:1527-1530, 2004
- Lin SC, Lo SS, Liu CJ, Chung MY, Huang JW, Chang KW. Functional genotype in matrix metalloproteinases-2 promoter is a risk factor for oral carcinogenesis. J Oral Pathol Medicine 33 (7) :405-409, 2004
- Lo SS, Wu CW, Chi CW, Li AF, Chen JH, Lui WY. High CD40 expression in gastric cancer associated with expanding type histology and liver metastasis. Hepato-Gastroenterol 52:1902-4, 2005
- Lo SS, Lee YJ, Wu CW, Li CJ, Huang JW, Lui WY. The increase of MICA gene A9 allele associated with gastric cancer and less schirrous change. Br J Cancer 90: 1809-1813, 2004
- Wu CW, Hsiung CA, Lo SS, Hsieh MC, Chen JH, Li AF, Lui WY, Whang-Peng L. Stage migration influences on stage-specific survival comparison between D1 and D3 gastric cancer surgeries. EJSO 31:153-157, 2005
- Wu CW, Lo SS, Chen JH, Hsieh MC, Li AF, Lui WY. Multiple primary cancers in patients with gastric cancer. Hepato-Gastroenterol 52:463-467, 2005
- Lo SS, Lo SH, Lo SH. Cleavage of cten by caspase 3 during apoptosis. Oncogene 24:4311-4, 2005
- Wu CW, Chang IS, Lo SS, Hsieh MC, Chen JH, Lui WY, Whang-Peng J. Complications following D3 gastrectomy: post Hoc analysis of a randomized trial. World J Surg 30:12-16, 2006.
- Wu CW, Hsiung CA, Lo SS, Hsieh MC, Chen JH, Li AF, Lui WY, Whang-Peng J. Nodal dissection for patients with gastric cancer: a randomized controlled trial. Lancet Oncol 7:309-315, 2006
- Yang YY, Lo SS, Li FY, Lin HC, Lee FY, Chang FY, Lee SD. Helicobacter pylori-negative low-grade extranodal B-cell primary gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma. J Chin Med Assoc 70 (3): 121-5, 2007
- Lo SS, Wu CW, Chen JH, Li AF, Hsieh MC, Shen KM, Lin HC, Lui WY. Surgical Results of Early Gastric Cancer and Proposing a Treatment Strategy. Ann Surg Oncol 14 (2) :340-7, 2007
- Chen JH, Wu CW, Lo SS, Li AF, Hsieh MC, Shen KH, Lui WY. Outcome of distal gastric cancer with pyloric stenosis after curative resection. Eur J Surg Oncol 33 (5) :556-60, 2007
- Lo SS, Lin SC, Wu CW, Chen JH, Yeh WI, Chung WY, Lui WY. Heme Oxygenase-1 Gene Promoter Polymorphism is Associated with Risk of Gastric Adenocarcinoma and Lymphovascular Tumor Invasion. Ann Surg Oncol 14 (8): 2250 - 6, 2007
- Chen JH, Wu CW, Lo SS, Li AF, Hsieh MC, Shen KM, Lui WY. Lymph node metastasis as a single predictor in patients with Borrmann type I gastric cancer. Hepatogastroenterology 54 (75) :981-4, 2007
- Lee CC, Wu CW, Lo SS, Chen JH, Li AF, Hsieh MC, Shen KH, Lui WY. Survival predictors in patients with node-negative gastric cancer. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22 (7) :1014-8, 2007
- Ke LS, Chiu TY, Lo SS, Hu WY. Knowledge, attitudes, and behavioral intentions of nurses toward providing artificial nutrition and hydration for terminal cancer patients in Taiwan. Cancer Nurs. 31 (1); 67-76, 2008
- Wu CW, Chiou JM, Ko FS, Lo SS, Chen JH, Lui WY, Whang-Perng J. Quality of life after curative gastrectomy for gastric cancer in a randomized controlled trial. Br J Cancer 98 (1) :54-59, 2008
- Ke LS, Chiu TY, Hu WY, , Lo SS. Effects of educational intervention on nurses' knowledge, attitudes, and behavioral intentions toward supplying artificial nutrition and hydration to terminal cancer patiebnts. Support Care Cancer 16 (11) :1265-72. Epub 2008
- Lo CH, Chen JH, Wu CW, Lo SS, Hsieh MC, Lui WY. Risk Factors and Management of Intraabdominal Infection after Radical Gastrectomy. Am J Surg 196 (5): 741-745, 2008
- Lo SS, Chen JH, Wu CW, Lui WY. Functional polymorphyism of NFKB1 promoter may relate to the susceptibility of gastric cancer in aged patients. Surgery 145 (3) :280-5, 2009
- Fang WL, Wu CW, Chen JH, Lo SS, Hsieh MC, Shen KH, Hsu WH, Li AF, Lui WY. Esophagogastric junction adenocarcinoma according to Siewart classification in Taiwan. Ann Surg Oncol 2009
- Huang KH, Chen JH, Wu CW, Lo SS, Hsieh MC, Li AF, Lui WY. Factors affecting recurrence in node-negative advanced gastric cancer. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:1522-6, 2009
- Fang WL, Wu CW, Lo SS, Chen JH, Hsieh MC, Shen KH, Li AF, Tai LC, Lui WY. Mucin-producing gastric cancer: clinicopathological difference between signet ring cell carcinoma and mucinous carcinoma. Hepatogastroenterology 56 (93): 1227-31, 2009
- Chen CY, Anderson B, Lo SS, Lin CH, Chen HM. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections may not impede the success of ultrasound guides drainage of puerperal breast abscesses. J Am Coll Surgeons. 210 (2) :148-54, 2010
- Huang KH, Wu CW, Fang WL, Chen JH, Lo SS, Wang RF, Li FY. Palliative Resection in noncurative Gastric Cancer Patients. World J of Surg 2010
- Tsou CC, Lo SS, Fang WL, Wu CW, Chen JH, Hsieh MC, Shen KH. Risk factors and management of anastomotic leakage after radical gastrectomy for gastric cancer. Hepatogastroenterology 58 (105) :218-23, 2011
- Lo SS, Hung PS, Chen JH, Tu HF, Fang WL, Chen CY, Chen WT, Gong NR, Wu CW. Overexpression of miR-370 and down regulation of its novel target TGF -RII contribute to the progression of gastric carcinoma . Oncogene, 2011 (in press)
- Fang WL, Huang KH, Chen JH, Lo SS, Hsieh MC, Shen KH, Li AF, Niu DM, Chiou SH, Wu CW. Comparison of the survival difference between AJCC 6th and 7th editions for gastric cancer patients. World J Surg, 2011 (in press)
- Lai KK, Fang WL, Wu CW, Huang KH, Chen JH, Lo SS, Li AF. Surgical impaction on gastric cancer with locoregional invasion. World J Surg, 2011 (in press)
- Chiang CY, Huang KH, Fang WL, Wu CW, Chen JH, Lo SS, Hsieh MC, Shen KH, Li AF, Niu DM, Chiou SH. Factors associated with recurrence within 2 years after curative surgery for gastric adenocarcinoma. World J Surg . 2011 (in press)
- Chiang CY, Huang KH, Fang WL, Wu CW, Chen JH, Lo SS, Hsieh MC, Shen KH, Li AF, Niu DM, Chiou SH. Factors associated with recurrence within 2 years after curative surgery for gastric adenocarcinoma. World J Surg 35 (11): 2472-8, 2011
- Lo SS, Hung PS, Chen JH, Tu HF, Fang WL, Chen CY, Chen WT, Gong NR, Wu CW. Overexpression of miR-370 and down regulation of its novel target TGF -RII contribute to the progression of gastric carcinoma . Oncogene, 31:226-237, 2012
- Wu JC, Chen YC, Liu L, Huang WC, Chen TJ, Lo SS, Thien PF, Cheng H. Conservatively treated ossification of posterior longitudinal ligament increases risk of spinal cord injury: a nationwide cohort study. J Neurotrauma 2011 (in press)
- Wu CC, Chen JH, Huang KH, Fang WL, Wu CW, Lo SS, Hsieh MC, Shen KH, Li AF. Peritoneal recurrence in serosa-negative gastric adenocarcinoma after curative surgery. Hepatogastroenterology 58: 1119-22, 2011
- Wu JC, Chen YC, Liu L, Huang WC, Cheng H, Chen TJ, Thien PF, Lo SS. Younger boys have a higher risk of inguinal hernia after ventriculo-peritoneal shunt: a 13-year nationwide cohort study. J Am Coll Surgeons. (, 2012, accepted)
- Chen HY, Lin YH, Chen YC, Wu JC, Chen TJ, Thien PF, Yang SH, Chen JL, Lo SS. Characteristics of pediatric traditional Chinese medicine users in Taiwan: A nationwide cohort study. Pediatrics (2012, accepted).
Created by webmaster established in 2013-04-30, Tuesday 10:01
Modified by webmaster Updated on 2013-05-21, Tuesday 14:46 Hits: 304
You have limited understanding2007-04-09 18:15:42 by --
Subjects are not identical, rather controlled for confounding factors that would otherwise render all data useless.
regarding funding, peer-reviewed research is subject to tight regulations when it comes to funding. funding by pharm or device companies is clearly stated in any article that uses such funding.
please explain study design to me, the simple "retard" with a graduate degree in statistics and experience in clinical trials for a large company, as well as medical experience as a physician. please enlighten me.
They aren't biologists though, they're medical2007-10-12 08:01:18 by harx
Doctors. You see the same divide between research scientists and engineers, with engineers being far more likely to discard evolution or the big bang.
Medical doctors and engineers both have quite a bit of training, and usually a pretty good head on their shoulders. But they are rarely, if ever, required to extrapolate results.
I would bet that if you looked at medical doctors that actually publish research you would find quite a different set of statistics.
Do correlative research2008-04-24 18:58:04 by dboy9
For instance, there are probably statistics showing lifespans of college grads versus non-college grads. There is probably research comparing the beliefs of College Grads versus Non-college grads. Compare the two, and you might have a rough idea, though it's hardly scientific, since poverty and other issues come up. Since atheists are probably more educated though, I would assume they live longer due to better medical care and belief in reason over prayer to deal with physical and other problems.
Had my surgery in '96-after 2 years researching2003-03-20 09:57:22 by Doctorswho_LASIK
Can't recommend him enough. I had extremely poor eyesight (Legally blind) and spent 2 years researching both the procedure and the doctor I would use. I am a scientist with medical knowledge and clinical research experience, so I was extremely careful in choosing a doctor.
is worth the airfare.)
No other Dr would quote me his/her success rate as a percentage of total surgeries. (As quoted on his web site - '99% achieve 20/20 to 20/25 vs. an industry average of 90%'. He has performed over 26,000 of these surgeries. These are phenominal statistics!)
You need to know what the results are LIKELY to be
You might also like:
Berg Partners With Department of Defense Research Center and Military .. — PR Newswire
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit organization established in 1983 and authorized by the U.S.
Three-month-old UAE medical charity is two-thirds of way to raising Dh100m — The National
"With medical research and education, you are improving the quality of health care.
Statistics for Health Care Research: A Practical Workbook, 1e
CVPath Institute Appoints Dr. Michael Joner As New CEO — PR Newswire
CVPath Institute is a leading medical research and education organization dedicated to improving patient health management for those suffering from cardiac and vascular diseases.